Last week, after an amazing concert at the Dallas Symphony with Michael W. Smith, Dennis and I stayed overnight to eat lunch with a group of people who have traveled to Costa Rica or have plans to travel to Costa Rica to treat Multiple Sclerosis. It seems like such a small thing to each lunch with people who struggle with the same condition, but we both found it so encouraging. Dennis was able to interact with people who share his daily struggles and was also able to compare notes with them regarding treatment. There are those who have suffered the debilitating effects of MS far beyond what Dennis has experienced and your heart goes out to them and you become even more grateful for the abilities that you do have.
Dennis continues to do well. We have seen significant - and almost immediate - improvement in the areas of energy, balance, cognition (the ability to think clearly and verbally express your thoughts), and swallowing. When talking to others, these were areas - especially energy and cognition - that they noticed the most significant change. The physical movements, like walking, are improving at a much more gradual rate. Dennis continues to ride his recumbant bike daily and I help him with the exercises for physical therapy.
I will try to update once more before the holidays and then I will probably wait for the New Year. Thank you again for keeping up with us. Merry Christmas!
Love,
The Trammell Family
5 comments:
So great to hear from you again and it was even more great to see you at the Michael W. Smith deal. That was a treat!!! It topped the night to Ted and I.
We love you guys and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!
I am so happy to hear of Dennis's progress. I know we have not kept in touch well. However, we think of you often and you are always in our prayers. Merry Christmas and many blessing in the new year. We love you!!!
It is such a blessing to hear how the Lord is answering the prayers of so many on your behalf. Thanks for continuing to share this adventure with us all. You are all a wonderful testimony to your faith and the glory of God. Merry Christmas to your family and may this be the happiest of New Years.
We were so excited to read Neely's Christmas letter from you and hear Dennis has had the stem cell treatment in CR. My best friend, Martha Rainey, from Gorman left yesterday for her treatment. We pray that her treatment works as well for her as Dennis's has for him. I sent her your blog site. They had a terrible day today trying to eat, finally going to the farmers market to get some snacks for which they paid $84.00. I told them it sounded as if they needed to find your friend, Edward. We will pray that the improvements keep coming. Miss seeing your and your family.Nora Carter
I've been waiting for an update. :) I love you all!
Post a Comment